For most of us, the beginning of a new year is a time where we reflect on the past and make new plans and new goals! Achieving and maintaining these goals can be often challenging but this is why we decided to sit down and think about attainable achievements for the both of us – and ones that we thought were important to us.
Waking Up Early – Sierra
- Let’s begin with letting you all know that I am NOT a morning person what so ever. You want me to stay up with you until the wee hours of the morning count me in all the time … but ask me to wake up early no chance! This year I decided that my new year resolution will be to wake up early every morning! Waking up “early” varies from person to person depending on what you have set out for the day. I have been researching for a while now and found that the key benefits to waking up are:
- Eliminating the need to rush which can help to reduce stress
- Do the things you don’t want to do after work (laundry, tidying up, exercise)
- Get the TV all to yourself and catch up on some shows!
- Take a moment to be grateful for the gift of life and start your day on a positive note.
- Set your daily goals!
Andrew and I got gifted a google home for Christmas and I am SUPER excited to not only have her as my little assistant but mainly to help wake me up in the morning! So regardless of what time you wake up, starting your day by giving your mind and your body enough “me” time is essential to a happy and healthy lifestyle! With that being said if you share the same resolution as me, my goal is a wake up time of 6 AM. What’s yours?
Celery Juice – Sierra
- Yes I have totally and whole heartedly jumped on this band wagon and I absolutely LOVE it! Going to keep this really short and sweet because you can get all the information, such as benefits, what you need, how easy it is to make, etc. over on Medical Medium. I suffer from IBS and bloating is a constant annoyance in my life. I have been drinking celery juice every other day now for about a month and it has changed my life drastically. Bloating … barely a thing now and my over all health, well-being and skin has improved. My stomach feels 100 times better and healthy! On the plus side it doesn’t taste as bad as those other green juices, its super easy to make and only adds about 15 minutes to your morning routine!
Mindful Eating – Bianca
This year is all about being MINDFUL specifically when it comes to every day eating habits! When engaging in plans and events with your girl gang and loved ones – especially during the holiday seasons, its easy to get carried away and use food as a social outlet. This may often lead us to making choices that aren’t necessarily beneficial to our overall health – which I am totally GUILTY of doing!
After doing a bit of research, I’ve come across a few guidelines on how to practice mindful eating – check them out below!
Your body knows when its hungry and when its full! Rather than just eating because you’re bored, emotional or because others are doing so, listen to your bodily signals! Is your stomach growling? Are you feeling light headed? Are you low on energy?
Eating foods that are nutritionally healthy
Use this time to focus solely on eating! Put the phone away, close the emails and enjoy your meal. Multi-Tasking while eating can often lead to ignoring those bodily signals that were looking for!
Consider where foods come from
Without questions, we often just put food straight into our bodies BUT, its important to really take the time to research and inform ourselves on what we’re really putting into our body! Some questions to keep in mind: Where was your food grown or produced? Where does the bulk/majority of your food come from?
Adopt an attitude of gratitude
Say a blessing! Take the time to acknowledge and appreciate the nourishing meal that stands before you!
Drink More Water – Bianca
Why doesn’t drinking water come as easy as drinking wine? Drinking water is always such a struggle for me! And although I’ve attempted this goal in the past, this year I am really going to stick to it! To help in achieving this goal I recently downloaded the app: “My Water Balance” and am thinking about investing in the Hidrate Spark
Leave a Reply