As many of you may know – through an abundance of our instagram pics and travels, wine is always our number one drink of choice! From the reds, to the whites, to the sparkling – you name it, we LOVE it all!
As self isolation and social distancing continues, and while we are all sheltered in place, we thought this would be the perfect time to share our top 9 favourite wines that are tasty and easy on the wallet!
We are definitely no experts, but have had our fair share of tours and tastings, one of us (Bianca) now even an exclusive member of one of Ontario’s famous wineries!
Whether its fine dining or leftover pizza for dinner, we all know its better when paired with a glass of wine! So check out our list below of all the wine’s we have been loving lately!
- Voga – Pinot Grigio ($14)): This pinot is so filled with flavours of citrus and is so light and crisp – perfect for a summer day!
- Kim Crawford – Sauvignon Blanc ($20): No wine like our girl Kimmy! This is hands down one of our favourite wines out there! It flavours are powerful and absolutely delicious! We love to pour a glass of Kim when prepping dinner, when reading a book or when simply needing to wind down. Although we believe she is paired best with any meal, they say she works wonders with a bowl of steamed seafood like mussels and clams or with a delicious mushroom or asparagus risotto!
We also love Raven Conspiracy’s Wickedly White ($11)! A nice blend of selected Niagara grapes with refreshing apple and citrus notes.
- Trius Rose ($18): What we love about the this wine is that unlike many rose’s this one is not sweet – in fact, it’s extra dry. It is a blend of gamay noir, pinot gris and syrah. It is medium body, with flavours of rhubarb, strawberry and cherry. Great with a nice meat dish!
- Whispering Angel – Provence ($29): A bit more on the pricey side, but everything from its colour to its grapefruit and peachy flavours … it is so worth the splurge!
- J Lohr Seven Oaks – Cabernet Sauvignon ($24): A smokey, caramel with black cherry flavour. It is full body, extra dry but smooth! Great wine to have with a nice beef burger or steak.
- Duckhorn – Merlot ($70): Another extra dry, full body red! It is warm and fruity and like many, great for the meat lovers!
- Yellow Tail – Shiraz ($13): This red is not only easy to drink but easy on the wallet! It is also dry and full bodied with the aromas and flavours of blackberry, cherry, liquorice, vanilla bean and chocolate – sounds like a dessert if you ask us!
We are also loving Trius Red ($25)! It is an Ontario full body, with a blend of Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Carbernet Sauvignon!
Now wherever you are or whatever you are doing – house cleaning, watching a flick, prepping a meal, filling the tub… pour yourself a glass!